Tenant Information

Please see below for some frequently asked questions asked by our tenants.


Can I change my rent date?

It is possible to change the date your rent is due but you will have to pay the difference. If you contact us and advise us you wish to change the date then we will work out what needs to be paid.

Can I change my utility supplier?

Yes. We automatically sign you up with a utility company when you move in to the property but of course, we are aware that you may wish to change for a different supplier. Once you have changed suppliers we would be grateful if you could advise us with details of this.

What is the policy on pets?

The option of having pets varies from Landlord to Landlord. Preferably, if you could advise us that you have a pet before you organise a viewing. This way we can ask the Landlord his thoughts.

If the Landlord agrees to allow a pet in the property we would generally add an additional deposit.

How to arrange a viewing with Marston’s?

You can book a viewing through Zoopla, which is were our managed properties are listed. Alternatively, you can contact us by calling or sending the lettings department an Email.

How do I apply for a property with Marston’s?

Firstly you will need to obtain a full application form, credit check form & a guarantor form if needed. Fill the forms in and either Email them back to us or alternatively you can hand deliver them into the office.

Once this has been done we reference you with our third party referencing company. This can sometimes take up to a week, depending on the response time of who we need to get in contact with. Please note that if you work in a larger company, you may need to advise your manager/HR department that they will be contacted.

What bills are included in the rent?

Some Landlords have bills included in the rent but this is something that would be advertised on our Zoopla account. If you are unsure please give us a call on 02476 221 577.

 When applying for a property with Marston’s, what proof do I need to provide for the referencing?

In order to reference you we will need proof of Identity, this could be a passport or a driving licence.

When moving in to a property do I need to update the council/utility companies to advise them that we have moved in?

We will advise the council, electric/gas & water company that you have moved in to the property for you.

What do I have to pay upfront before moving into the property?

Tenants will need to pay a months rent & 5 weeks deposit.

What documents will I receive when I move into the property?

When you move into the property you will receive a copy of the following;

  • Signed copy of the Tenancy Agreement
  • Signed copy of the Deposit Protection Agreement
  • Gas Safety Certificate (If gas within the property)
  • EPC report
  • How to rent booklet
  • Information on condensation
  • A copy of the inventory
  • Deposit Scheme booklet
  • A copy of form 6A

Not answered your question? Please give us a call or send us an Email and we will happy to assist you.